Sitting in the New Delhi's LPG auto, when I saw the auto rickshaw wallah (auto-driver) getting the sneak preview of her waxed legs, I tried to cover her bare knees with my hand, for this was my manliness, of not letting anyone else stare at -what (I thought) I possessed. I felt embarrassed at first, at my act, but she felt comfortable, and even she seemed to have liked it, for she reciprocated by pressing her hand against mine, - the auto wallah still watching- in full public view on the busy streets of New Delhi.
Getting down from the auto, as she seemed to play the pampering boyfriend, asked the auto wallah "kitna hua". The auto wallah still staring at her glossy legs uttered -eighty rupeej. Boldly and confidently, a hundred came out of no where- I could feel the auto wallah trying to touch her hand while accepting the hundred rupee note- "Baaki rakh lo" said she, as she turned away from the autowallah after passing a a smile- as if acknowledging and approving his appreciation of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Readers are requested to post their feedback, so that we can improve this e-book further.